The Auctioneers Association of Maryland
The Maryland State Bid Calling
Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 2:00 pm
Location of Contest:
Carolina Carport Stage – MD State Fairgrounds
2200 York Road, Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland
Qualifications, Rules, and Procedures:
- Contestant must be at least 18 years old, a member of the AAM and a legal Maryland resident.
- Entry fee is $25.00. Checks can be made payable to AAM. Deadline to enter is 1:00pm the day of the contest. No entries will be accepted after the deadline.
- All contestants will draw for position at 1:30pm prior to the 2:00 contest. A roll call will be taken at that time and any contestants not present will be disqualified with no refund of entry fee.
- All contestants will compete in the same division. Winner will be referred to as 2017 Maryland State Bid Calling Champion.
- Contestants will sell three items in the preliminary round. If a contestant makes it to the finals round, a fourth item will be sold at that time. Contestants do NOT need to bring any items to sell. They will be selling cakes from the 4-H Alumni Baking Contest held earlier that day.
- Contestants will be judged by three (3) pre-selected judges. The judging criteria will be based on: Opening, Bid Calling, Salesmanship, & Professionalism.
- The 2016 Champion will introduce each contestant in both the preliminaries and finals. Contestant’s failure to appear when his or her number is called will result in disqualification
- Professional business dress is recommended.
- The 2017 Winner will be responsible for organizing and running the Fun Auction at the 2017 AAM Winter Conference. The winner is also responsible for organizing the 2018 Maryland State Bid Calling Championship Competition.
- Questions: Please contact Rachel Troppman at 410-952-1345 or email@example.com
Top three contestants will receive an engraved plaque and a cash prize:
1st Place $250.00 2nd Place $100.00 3rd Place $50.00
AAM will also pay the entry fee for the 1st Place Winner to compete in the 2017 NAA International Auctioneer Championship.
All proceeds from the auction will benefit the
MD 4-H Foundation.